Wednesday, November 25, 2009



Protein: The need for protein could be argued back and forth for years (high protein vs low protein diets). I was vegetarian for about 10 years during my nutritional education journey and consumed no animal protein at all. The only body building supplement I used was creative. It was in November of 2002 that I ended a year long personal debate of moral, ethical and financial questions to begin eating meat again. (there was a girl involved too). I had been weight training for about ten years a the time and always wondered what effect animal protein would have on my physique and health. I was immediately impressed. I noticed the thermogenic effect and an increase in energy. I noticed my blood sugar regulate even more and I dropped my body fat another "considerable" notch. Being Vegetarian, I learned a lot about protein sources from plants. All plants have protein in them so being vegetarian was not a concern, but I did notice a considerable difference for me when I began with the meat. I have learned much in the past two years about protein and it's effect on training, thermogenics, energy, blood sugar, but I'd like to point you to this article written by Tom Venuto about protein. Every breakfast consists of an 8 egg omelet, while the rest of my meals include free range organic chicken. They're either in a wrap with some mixed greens or just the chicken breast with veggies and some whole food organic basmati rice

No comments:

Post a Comment